Skip to main content

Being Boring

Hello Everyone,

This week the journal entry I chose was "Describe what I do in six words". This prompt took me a bit to think about because it made me think well what do I really do on a day to day basis. As a college student I do my studying but then what else? I play video games, watch movies, hang out with friends, etc, but when I reflect on it, I came up with what I do in six words... I am a boring college student. I think there is something to say about being boring. I enjoy the simple things in life, I just like to sit back and watch what is happening, that is not to say that I won't chase what I want but I'm not one to go and have a wild time out. I like sitting in my room with my friends and just talking and bs'ing the night away. I'll go out and have fun with them, but we don't go looking for fun, we just go have it. I think boring can be a good thing to be, I get my work done, I can manage my time affectively, and I can still have a great life. Now I am not saying if you see yourself as not boring you are wrong and reckless etc. Each has their own positives and negatives and I am not here to tell people how to live their lives. I like being boring, it's fun, I have made great friends, great memories, and great experiences. I wouldn't change it for anything. Have a great weekend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Taking A Walk

Hello Everyone, This week in class we continued talking about location based narratives. To continue on my idea from last week of a game of "Where am I?", the game itself evolved into a greater idea about our campus. I wanted to show the little places on campus for people to see how nice this campus it. Showing bits and pieces of the campus can show followers or viewers who don’t go here, how nice the campus is. But then it allows students who do go here to partake in a fun game and seeing how well they do know the campus. While taking pictures for this narrative, I myself learned a few things about certain locations that I didn’t know before. For example, the stone bench down behind the nursing building and to the left of Heather Lodge, is a stone podium. If I didn’t take the time to go explore, I wouldn’t of found out. So overall, through these pictures, I hope to spread and have some fun with the beauty of UPJ’s campus.   To help expand on this idea this week, the jo

Do I Really Want to Say This?

Hello Everyone, This week's journal prompt is " Write something that could get you fired, expelled, or disowned”. Well since wee post the journal prompts online, well I first thought, why would I post something online that could possibly get me in trouble. Well also we were encourage then to turn our answer from this prompt into an interactive narrative so I thought this is a little more reasonable. What I first though was an insult that I could possibly tell a boss one day and how I could turn this into an interactive narrative. Well the narrative that I thought of was a scenario about you going to you boss to quit after you felt like you have been mistreated at the company and the boss has done nothing to help you. The narrative would continue on with you walking into your boss's office a little hot heading, fired up, and ready to tell it to your boss and quit. Then the narrative would have the player select what they would want to say to there boss and then there woul