Skip to main content

Taking a Phone Call

Hello Everyone,

This week I chose the prompt, make a phone call and diagram the conversation. Even though on that day I had made a few phone calls, they were not interesting, they were more how are you. So ironically I had received a phone call that was a little more interesting and a little more humorous.

"Hey you left your apparatus in the lab and it is going off, do you want to come grab it?" -Caller
Now in my head at this point I was like okay I was in Blackington today maybe I dropped something and someone took it to a lab but nothing I had on me would be going off.

"Um what lab?" -Me

"Is this Mitch?" -Caller

"Yes it is" -Me

"Do you want to come pick it up at the lab?" -Caller

"Um..." -Me

"I think I have the wrong number... Sorry" -Caller

"I think so too but it is all good" -Me

And then we hung up and I went on with my day. Then about 15 to 20 minutes later I received a test message from that call explaining to me that it was one of my good high school friends father and he has a coworker named Mitch and accidentally called the wrong one. While taking the call though when he asked for Mitch and my name being Mitch it kinda freaked me out, almost making me believe it was a prank call. But it all turned out in the end that everything was alright. I still do not know what was going off in the lab or what lab he works at but that is probably none of my business. There is not much meaning to this blog post other than to tell this story but I can ask a question to the readers. Have you every received a call from somebody that kinda freaked you out?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being Boring

Hello Everyone, This week the journal entry I chose was "Describe what I do in six words". This prompt took me a bit to think about because it made me think well what do I really do on a day to day basis. As a college student I do my studying but then what else? I play video games, watch movies, hang out with friends, etc, but when I reflect on it, I came up with what I do in six words... I am a boring college student. I think there is something to say about being boring. I enjoy the simple things in life, I just like to sit back and watch what is happening, that is not to say that I won't chase what I want but I'm not one to go and have a wild time out. I like sitting in my room with my friends and just talking and bs'ing the night away. I'll go out and have fun with them, but we don't go looking for fun, we just go have it. I think boring can be a good thing to be, I get my work done, I can manage my time affectively, and I can still have a great life....

Once Upon A Time

Hello Everyone, For this weeks journal entry I chose "Once Upon A Time". Now with this one, it was a fill in the blank story. So I wrote a story and I am going to tell you it. Now the bold words are the ones that were already written down. There was a Tau commander named Farsight. Every day he travels farther and farther into space to find new territories and planets for his enclaves. One day  he land on a strange new world. On this new planet he finds a portal and decides to travel through it. Because of that he becomes lost as the portal closes behind him and needs to find his way back. Until finally...  well I wrote the ending but I don't think I should share that and there is a reason why. In class we were instructed to conceive a narrative within a digital environment and early we were separated into four groups based on four of the larger forms of social media: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat. I am in the Twitter group. So based on the assignment, I...

Telling a Lie

Hello Everyone, This week, my journal prompt is " Make up a really good lie about yourself to tell a stranger. Write a story to back it up". And well I thought about what I could lie about myself and whether I should go extreme or keep it simple. I decided extreme because as the saying goes, you can't make this up. Here is my story... I moved to Pittsburgh when I was five years old. My family we came from a small town in England called Gateshead. We lived near our family church, The Cathedral Church of St. Nicholas. But we had to move to the states because of my mom needed to help her family. When we first came to the states, my accent cause the kids at my new school to make fun of me that I eventually changed schools and forgot my English accent. At my new school, I did my best to learn an American accent and before I knew it, my English accent was a thing of the past. I feel guilty of hiding my true identity but I've kept it a secret for so long that my American...