Skip to main content

Do I Really Want to Say This?

Hello Everyone,

This week's journal prompt is "Write something that could get you fired, expelled, or disowned”. Well since wee post the journal prompts online, well I first thought, why would I post something online that could possibly get me in trouble. Well also we were encourage then to turn our answer from this prompt into an interactive narrative so I thought this is a little more reasonable. What I first though was an insult that I could possibly tell a boss one day and how I could turn this into an interactive narrative. Well the narrative that I thought of was a scenario about you going to you boss to quit after you felt like you have been mistreated at the company and the boss has done nothing to help you. The narrative would continue on with you walking into your boss's office a little hot heading, fired up, and ready to tell it to your boss and quit. Then the narrative would have the player select what they would want to say to there boss and then there would be a reply until the player quit or other events would happen. It is a simple idea that I used a little bit in my game "Stowaway". The use of it in my game though is simple and only a few choices but the idea is still there. If you would like to play stowaway, you can find it at the top of any page right next to about in my blog!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being Boring

Hello Everyone, This week the journal entry I chose was "Describe what I do in six words". This prompt took me a bit to think about because it made me think well what do I really do on a day to day basis. As a college student I do my studying but then what else? I play video games, watch movies, hang out with friends, etc, but when I reflect on it, I came up with what I do in six words... I am a boring college student. I think there is something to say about being boring. I enjoy the simple things in life, I just like to sit back and watch what is happening, that is not to say that I won't chase what I want but I'm not one to go and have a wild time out. I like sitting in my room with my friends and just talking and bs'ing the night away. I'll go out and have fun with them, but we don't go looking for fun, we just go have it. I think boring can be a good thing to be, I get my work done, I can manage my time affectively, and I can still have a great life....

Once Upon A Time

Hello Everyone, For this weeks journal entry I chose "Once Upon A Time". Now with this one, it was a fill in the blank story. So I wrote a story and I am going to tell you it. Now the bold words are the ones that were already written down. There was a Tau commander named Farsight. Every day he travels farther and farther into space to find new territories and planets for his enclaves. One day  he land on a strange new world. On this new planet he finds a portal and decides to travel through it. Because of that he becomes lost as the portal closes behind him and needs to find his way back. Until finally...  well I wrote the ending but I don't think I should share that and there is a reason why. In class we were instructed to conceive a narrative within a digital environment and early we were separated into four groups based on four of the larger forms of social media: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat. I am in the Twitter group. So based on the assignment, I...

The Story of the Uknown World

Hey Everyone, This weeks journal entry was write a fan letter. So I wrote a fan letter to Bill Gates. I would just like to ask him how he got his big idea and what that felt like. But I would like to talk about my creative narrative in this blog. My narrative was telling a story about Commander Farsight and his adventure in a new world he found himself in. Now the interesting part is that I completed the narrative on Twitter with the help of my followers. I did the story on my second Twitter which I hope to expand my followers and eventually turn into a tech news and gaming news source, but I digress. I would like to tell you some of my experiences of this narrative and my overall thoughts about it. I had fun this this project, it was nice to tell a story that I didn't have any real limits. I was able to take it anywhere I would like but I had help. My Twitter followers were able to participate within this narrative by being able to vote where the story went next. Based on th...